Thank you for your interest in donating to the ministry and mission of Central United Church.
Your donations help us to help others. Central United, a self-supporting congregation and has been at its present location since 1906. Donations from people like you are crucial to sustaining our church community as a place where people explore their faith and build relationships with God and the community. We contribute 10% of all donations to the United Church of Canada’s Mission & Service Fund, to help support United Church programs across Canada and around the world.
If you are able to support your church, please review these options.
1. Please make your cheque payable to Central United Church and send to our mailing address of 699-30 Tuscarora Avenue, Windsor Ontario, N9A6Y6.
2. Ensure that your name and current mailing address, as well as an email address, if you have one, are clearly indicated on the cheque so that the tax receipt can be sent to you.
3. Add a separate note with the cheque to instruct Central to use your gift for either the " General Fund ", the "Mission and Service Fund" or "Downtown Mission Fund" (United Church Downtown Mission Of Windsor Inc). " If there are no special instructions provided, the donation will be gratefully received for Central United's General Fund.
4. Mail it to, Central United Church at our mailing address
699-30 Tuscarora Avenue, Windsor Ontario, N9A6Y6
By Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR):
PAR allows a giver to support Central United through an automatic monthly withdrawal from your bank account. Using PAR for your offering is convenient and the consistent support will ensure stable funding for ongoing programs and help us to plan ahead. Central's PAR contributions will be withdrawn from your bank account on the 20th each month through a service provided by The United Church of Canada. To enrol just our office administrator, Virginia at 519-253-4641. You will receive a charitable receipt at the end of each year.
You will be asked by our administrator which fund(s) are to receive your monies, Central's General Fund, Mission and Service or The Downtown Mission A PAR brochure that contains an overview of the program can be found at https://united-church.ca/sites/default/files/par-brochure.pdf . If you wish you may complete the application form in advance - https://united-church.ca/sites/default/files/form_par-authorization.pdf and mail to the church office, that is fine also.
Of course, if you ever want to make a change to your existing PAR amount or contribution period, please contact our administrator at 519-253-4641
By Offertory Envelopes:
Personalized offertory envelopes for weekly worship services are available from Central United Church office at 519-253-4641. Each envelope enables the selection of General Expenses Fund, Mission and Service and Other (Downtown Mission) Tax receipts are issued annually.
Donate using Interac e-Transfer
Banks allow account holders to pay bills and transfer money via e-Transfer.
Online banking or mobile app.
An email address or Canadian mobile phone number
Before you can send money, you’ll need to register for Interac e-Transfer.
1. Sign on to Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App.
2. Select “Interac e-Transfer”. This will take you to the Send Money page.
3. Choose a contact. Or follow the directions to add a new contact.
Add Central United Church and its email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Enter the amount you want to send, select the account you’d like to transfer money from and enter an optional message. Select “Next.”
5. Important – In the comment/optional comment section please include your full Name and full Address so that we can send you a tax receipt, (or your personal envelope number) and what Fund(s), the donation is to go to, General Fund, the default or Mission and Service.
Note: Central United Church is registered for Autodeposit from Interac e-Transfer, you won’t be asked to enter a question and answer.
6. Review details and send.
7. You will receive an email notification from your bank when the transaction is completed.
(There may be a small fee charged by your bank/credit union for processing the payment.) These are generic instructions.
Thank you so much for your support!
Copyright © 2023 Central United Church - All Rights Reserved.
The congregation is in the process of amalgamating with Emmanuel United Church.
They meet every Sunday at 10:30
Emmanuel is relatively close at 1728 Lincoln Rd, Windsor.
You can contact them at (519) 253-8791 or email@example.com
Our last service was on April 2, 2023
The Sanctuary Building is FOR SALE
Central’s Office reduced hours -
Wednesday 8:30 am -12:30 pm
God is Good